Frozen Pipes Chicago
Frozen Pipe Services
Contact Apex Plumbing to Schedule a Free On-Site Estimate with one of our Frozen Pipe Plumbers. We have fully stocked trucks with all the proper equipment and tools to properly dethaw your pipe safely and correctly. Also, if the Pipe has burst we offer Fast, Professional nearby pipe repair. We have electric pipe thawers that will heat up and eliminate your frozen pipe in a short amount of time. Contact Apex Plumbing to find and repair burst water and waste lines. It is not uncommon for a pipe to burst in more than one location.
What Causes Frozen Pipes?
- Temperature outside is below 27 Degrees, windy conditions.
- Exterior Walls are not properly insulated or do not have a proper moisture barrier.
- Pipes are located in areas with no heat. Attic, Crawl Spaces, Basement, Garages, Etc.
With the above conditions pipes will freeze because the wind is blowing cold air into the home and along the piping or extremely cold exterior temperature will drop temperature in unheated area that contains water pipes or drain pipes.
How to prevent Frozen Pipes in Chicago, IL.
- Let your water drip out of faucets in areas that frozen.
- Leave your cabinet doors open to allow heat to circulate.
- Insulation, Insulation, Insulation…
- Keep the thermostat up when you leave your home, for example when you leave out of town.
- Insulate, Insulate, Insulate.
What should I do If I have a frozen pipe?
If you are not confident in your plumbing skills & want to avoid a BIG problem.
Contact Apex Plumbing for a Free On-Site Estimate 773-477-7714
- If you know where your main water shutoff is located, you can turn off your water supply.
- Leave a faucet open that so when ice melts, the water has a place to go. This can help a pipe not burst.
- You can try heating the area that has the frozen pipe.
Burst Pipe Repair Chicago
Hopefully you know where your main water shutoff is located. If you are unsure, we would be happy to tag the valves in your home during a regular service visit.
Once your water is turned off, ceiling areas may drip for a while. This is normal as the ceiling is holding some water.
Even with your water turned off, you can still flush every toilet in the house once, as each tank is full of water.
Dry the area as much as possible. Mold can start to grow if the area remains wet for over 72 hours.
- Fast & Friendly Service – Experienced Frozen Pipe Repair
- Since 1984, our business is built off word of mouth and referrals,